The Building Blocks Group /
Canada Sport & Entertainment Expo 2021
May 31, 2021
By accessing or using a The Building Blocks Group / Canada Sport & Entertainment Expo (“TBBG / CSEEXPO”) website, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to this Privacy Code. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this Privacy Code. If we do this, we will post the changes to this Privacy Code on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date this Privacy Code was last revised. Your continued use of this website after any such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the new Privacy Code. It is your responsibility to regularly check back to determine if there have been changes to this Privacy Code and to review such changes.
Children: If you are under the age of 18, be sure to obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Our commitment to privacy:
TBBG / CSEEXPO knows that protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to you. This Privacy Code governs the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in any form, whether written or electronic, by TBBG / CSEEXPO and its affiliates. The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”), and any applicable provincial legislation. This Privacy Code explains what personal information may be collected from you and how it is used. It also explains how you can ask questions, make suggestions, and express concerns about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Code applies only to personal information collected by TBBG / CSEEXPO and its affiliates. Be aware that our websites may contain links to other websites that are
maintained by third parties who are not required to comply with this Privacy Code
and for which TBBG / CSEEXPO has no responsibility. Please review the privacy policies on any external websites to determine their information handling practices.
This Privacy Code is available to the public through our websites, and in paper
form from TBBG / CSEEXPO. If you have any additional concerns or questions, we encourage you to contact us and we will address your concerns to the best of our ability.
Please read this Privacy Code carefully, and check back periodically as we may
update it from time to time. By submitting your personal information to TBBG / CSEEXPO, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Code.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. TBBG / CSEEXPO is responsible for personal information under its control. TBBG / CSEEXPO has implemented policies and practices to give effect to this Privacy Code, including
training and communicating with our employees about the importance of privacy
and implementing security procedures that reasonably protect the personal
information you provide to us. In addition, TBBG / CSEEXPO has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee personal information-handling practices of TBBG / CSEEXPO and its affiliates.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED FROM PRIVACY PROTECTION?
This Privacy Code does not impose restrictions on: business contact information,
including the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee
of an organization; information collected, used or disclosed solely for promotional
or public relations purposes; publicly available information, such as an
individual’s name, telephone number and address when listed in a directory or
made available through directory assistance; or information that is aggregated
and not associated with a specific individual, including demographic information
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND WHY?
· We collect personal contact information (such as your name, address, email
address and telephone numbers) if you: register on a website; sign up for a
newsletter; enter a contest; participate in a research survey; purchase any
product or service, including exhibitor space, from TBBG / CSEEXPO or its agents; are an online advertiser; are a TBBG / CSEEXPO service provider; or provide it to us when you attend a TBBG / CSEEXPO-produced boat show. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products or services, to understand your needs and provide a positive Expo experience, and to respond to your inquiries.
· We will retain your Expo passwords so that upon request by
you we may remind you of them.
· If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact
information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting,
announcing and promoting prizewinners. In addition, sometimes our contest
rules provide that we may contact contest entrants with promotions and TBBG / CSEEXPO news. Those rules will also include a way for you to indicate to us that you do not want to be contacted for this purpose. Some contests may also involve co-sponsors, who have their own privacy practices. In these cases, the contest rules and/or entry forms will indicate that your personal information is being shared with these co-sponsors and will provide you with the ability to opt-out from receiving promotions and product information from them.
· We collect demographic information, as well as purchase history and a list
of promotions offered to you, in order to gain a better understanding of your
interests so that we may develop better products and services, and to determine
your eligibility for other products and services.
· We may also use demographic, personal contact and history information to
contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products
or services you requested from us and which TBBG / CSEEXPO provides.
· We keep notes and special instructions for exhibitors and online advertisers
to help us fulfill your request and provide customer service.
· We collect your credit card information if you: register to attend a paid event;
purchase any product from TBBG / CSEEXPO or through one of our websites. This credit card information is used for the purpose of fulfilling your order.
· If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance
with our opt-out policy, we will keep your contact information on a list so that your
request can be honoured. If you provide a complaint, we will collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating your concerns and responding to you.
· If you use any of our websites, we may assign an internet cookie. An internet
cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your internet browser and that
you use our websites, to make sure our ads and dynamic content are served
correctly and to improve the performance of our websites. For example, a cookie
may recall a set of preferences you have set for our website and record items
that you have registered for. Storing cookies on your web browser allows us
to present you with web pages and other content that are attuned with your
preferences. These activities are invisible to you, and are generally intended to
improve your internet surfing convenience. Unless you have set your preferences
so that you will be alerted when a cookie is being stored on your computer, you
won’t know about it. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer.
· If you are concerned about cookies, it is possible to turn them off in your web
browser preferences. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of our websites, particularly pages requiring registration.
· We may place advertising or other links on our websites that originate from
outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie.
TBBG / CSEEXPO does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your information by these advertisers.
· We may use IP (internet protocol) addresses, to gather demographic and statistical information about our users, for systems administration and to diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our websites.
· We generally use your personal information for the purposes of: managing,
administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing your accounts; maintaining
business records for reasonable periods of time and generally managing and
administering our business; and meeting all relevant Canadian and international
regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
· Occasionally, we ask our exhibitors and consumers to complete market
research surveys. If you choose to participate in these surveys and provide your
personal information for that purpose, your information will be aggregated as
part of the survey results and shared with our affiliates in a manner that does not
· Other than as permitted or required by law, if we wish to collect, use or disclose
your personal information for purposes that are not contemplated in this Privacy
Code, we will identify those purposes at the time of collection. You will be given a
reasonable opportunity to opt-out of any such additional purposes.
WHO DOES TBBG / CSEEXPO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO, AND WHY?
TBBG / CSEEXPO may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
· TBBG / CSEEXPO may transfer your personal information to third party service providers in order to fulfill your order or perform processing and other specialized services (such as credit card or payment processing, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, management of customer service requests, and product delivery).
· Your personal information may be processed and stored outside of the province in which you reside and/or outside of Canada by us, an affiliate or a third party service provider for the purposes set out in this Privacy Code and, under the laws of these other jurisdictions, in certain circumstances foreign courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access your personal information.
· TBBG / CSEEXPO may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
· TBBG / CSEEXPO may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and for other legal reasons.
· TBBG / CSEEXPO may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties.
CONSENT AND OPT-OUT POLICY
TBBG / CSEEXPO will not sell, distribute or lease personal consumer information to third parties without permission to do so. In general, TBBG / CSEEXPO seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. Except as set out in this section, TBBG / CSEEXPO obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information. If you are receiving e-newsletters, you may opt-out at any time by doing any of the following:
· follow the instructions at the bottom of any e-newsletter you receive;
· access your online community user account, and update your Member
Profile by selecting e-newsletter opt-out;
· call our Privacy Officer at 416-909-6214 and request that you opt-out of e-newsletter subscription;
· email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and
request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers. It may take 2-4 weeks to fully process your opt-out request. Generally, when you provide us with your personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this Privacy Code, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection. We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without your consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
TBBG / CSEEXPO has technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the personal information you provide to TBBG / CSEEXPO. For example, when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal
information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials publicly posted online, to Facebook, Twitter and other social media, is not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users.
TBBG / CSEEXPO is not responsible for personal information you choose to post or submit in any online forum on any of its websites.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our websites provide you with the means to access, update, edit or delete
certain subscriber or registration information by going to the appropriate page on
the website and changing or deleting such information as desired. Alternatively,
or for other information, you may call our head office at 416-938-9297 and we will
make the changes upon receipt of appropriate evidence.
We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
HOW TO ADDRESS CONCERNS REGARDING YOUR PRIVACY
TBBG / CSEEXPO encourages you to contact us with any questions or concerns you
have about your privacy or this Privacy Code. If you have a question
concerning TBBG / CSEEXPO’s Privacy Code, would like a copy, or if you have any
concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer by calling 416-909-6214; emailing email@example.com; or writing to Privacy Officer, The Building Blocks Group 2950 County Road 50 Loretto, Ontario L0G 1L0.